If you have permed hair, you know the struggle. Hair is usually very thin and brittle, and it breaks easily.
This can be frustrating, especially when you have such beautiful hair. Luckily, there are several products on the market today that can help you deal with permed hair.
We’ve reviewed and tested them all, and we’ve come up with a list of the best products for permed hair. From leave-in conditioners and styling creams to hair masks and hair moisturizers, you’re sure to find something you can use to keep your hair healthy and strong.
So, if you’ve been struggling with permed hair, keep reading to find out more about these top-rated products!
Best products for permed hair Features In 2023
- Deeply hydrating
- This product is non-sealed
- Restores chemically processed hair
- Makes for easy styling and detangling
- Conditioner for bleached, permed or relaxed hair
- Curl Care System- This L'Oreal Paris EverCurl Hydracharge Sulfate Free Hair kit includes Shampoo and Conditioner
- For Curly Hair- The EverCurl Hydracharge Shampoo and Conditioner quenches and softens to create more manageable curls without frizz
- Respect For Your Hair- The L'Oreal Paris Ever formula is 100 percent sulfate free, dye free, paraben free, vegan, without gluten ingredients
- Hydracharge- This shampoo and conditioner kit for curly hair offers a non-drying formula with hydrating botanicals for smooth, defined curls
- 48 Hour Curl Definition- The EverCurl Sulfate Free Curl Care System of shampoo, conditioner and treatment hydrates curls without frizz and weigh down for 48 hours
- Separates and defines curls while nourishing hair. Replaces the need for multiple curl products.
- Nourishes and conditions hair and skin to aid healthy hair growth leaving a lustrous, silky look
- Exclusive protein enriched amino acid formula with unique properties that condition and strengthens, preventing hair breakageMoisturizes to help eliminate itching and scaling caused by common external irritants.
- Smooth and define curly hair with this argan oil of morocco curl-defining cream Ideal for all curl types, this anti-frizz cream tames flyaways at it moisturizes to create soft and shiny spirals
- SMOOTH, DETANGLE, DEFINE: The 6-ounce bottle of OGX Argan Oil of Morocco Curl Perfecting Curl-Defining Cream helps smooth, define and enhance curly hair
- BOOST CURLS and TAME FRIZZY HAIR: Ideal for all hair textures and curls types , this rich moisturizing curl cream helps eliminate frizz while taming flyaways
- CURLY HAIR CARE INSPIRED BY NATURE: This precious blend with rich cold-pressed Moroccan argan oil helps moisturize and revive spirals Plus, the citrus-fresh, floral-green and woody scent of this smoothing cream leaves hair smelling irresistibly good
- NON-HARSH and NOURISHING: Free from parabens, the sulfate-free surfactant haircare system is gentle for use on all curl types and textures to help improve strength and elasticity while creating soft and shiny, yet defined curls
- Your complete regimen: set includes one (1) 12.1 fl oz shampoo, one (1) 12.1 fl oz Conditioner, one (1) 16 fl oz deep conditioner, one (1) 5.7 fl oz Spray gel, one (1) 6.7 fl oz detangling milk, and one (1) 3.2 fl oz oil hair treatment
- Curls, curls, curls: get the most moisturized, shiny, defined, and nourished curls you've ever laid your eyes on, with long-lasting frizz control
- Exotic ingredients: Infused with coconut and Australian jojoba oil
- Treat your hair right: lock in hydration and hold those curls in place with a styling lineup made exclusively for curly girls
- Peta cruelty-free: Aussie products are never, ever tested on animals
- The SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Frizz-Free Curl Mousse, blended with Fair Trade Shea Butter, to make your curly hair beautiful and bouncy
- Our volumizing hair mousse enhances natural curl memory and wave pattern, and leaves no residue, creating shiny curls with high impact volume and a soft finish
- Coconut & Hibiscus curl mousse, blended with coconut and neem oil, helps to control frizz while adding a brilliant shine to your curly hair
- The frizz free hair mousse is formulated with no silicone, no sulfates, no parabens, no phthalates, no mineral oil or petrolatum. It's been tested on our family for generations and never on animals
- This hair styling mousse, blended with Silk Protein, leaves your curly hair smooth, soft and silky
- This hair mousse for curls by SheaMoisture has been tested on our family for generations and never on animals
- Strictly Curls Curl Envy Leave-In Conditioner: Hydration is your curls’ best friend. This leave-in conditioner from Marc Anthony is formulated to ease frizz and bring your curls back to their natural shine and touchable glory. 8.4 fl oz.
- Essential Ingredients: Crafted with Shea Butter, Avocado Oil and Vitamin E, this leave-in will have your curls feeling soft, detangled and oh-so smooth.
- Curls For Days: Marc Anthony’s Strictly Curls collection is designed with moisturizing ingredients like Silk Proteins and Shea Butter to defrizz, detangle, and tame even the unruliest curls while still letting your natural curls run free.
- How To Use: Spray onto damp hair, from roots to ends. Do not rinse. Comb through and style as usual. For extra styling control and hold follow with your favorite Strictly Curls styling products.
- Endless Haircare Innovation: The Marc Anthony team of style-makers and beauty lovers travel the world to bring you the best ingredients to create professional quality products. Our products are paraben-free, SLS-free, sulfate-free, and phthalate-free.
- Garnier Fructis Style Curl Shape Defining Spray Hair Gel with nourishing shea butter, boosts your wavy, permed, or naturally curly hair to create curl definition with shine minus the frizz; Get the power to create and control any style you want
- Curly Hair Styling Products: Shape, define, and refresh your curls with a little help from Garnier Fructis; Our specially formulated curly hair products, hydrate, condition, and smooth frizz for nourished, shining curls
- Nourish and Style with Garnier Fructis: From Mega Full to Anti Frizz hair products Garnier has shampoos, leave in conditioners, hair masks, texturizing sprays and more to help you care for your hair your way
- Over 100 Years of Pioneering in Hair Care: Since 1904 Garnier has blended naturally inspired and derived ingredients into breakthrough formulas; Nourish your hair with hair color and care from Garnier
- Inspired By Nature: Garnier carries an array of products for your hair and skin care needs, from shampoos, color care and styling products to formulas that cleanse, moisturize and repair skin
- AIR DRY CURL CREAM: With coconut oil & shea butter, this creamy, heat-free styling blend helps hold bounce without the crunchiness. Curls are hydrated & defined for the perfect smooth coil without frizz.
- TIGHTEN UP TENDRILS with our Locking plus Coconut Curls styling collection. Blended with coconut oil & shea butter for smooth coils that bounce & tendrils that twist without the frizz.
- BEAUTY PURE & SIMPLE: OGX products are inspired by nature. We don’t try to make hair look “perfect” because we’d rather make hair look fuller, smoother, curlier, or bouncier & smell irresistible. Shampoo & Conditioner Type: Curling Cream
- WHAT HAIR WANTS: Whether you need quenching moisture for curly hair, protection for color treated hair, blowout cream or matte pomade, OGX hair care products are designed to bring out your best.
- REAL QUALITY, REAL BEAUTY: Unattainable looks don't inspire us but originality does. OGX hair & skin care product collections are here to help you look your best. We’re beauty, pure & simple.
- Hair type: Wavy, Curly, Coily
What products should not be used on permed hair?
The key to achieving silky straight hair is to use a good styling product that is specifically formulated for curly hair.
Avoid products that have alcohol, which can dry your hair out, and silicone, which can weigh down your curls.
Is leave in conditioner good for permed hair?
Conditioning hair is an important part of your regular hair care routine to add moisture and help detangle your hair. It can be especially beneficial if you have dry hair or use tools or products that tend to damage the hair, like heat-styling tools, bleach, or chemical perms.
How often should I wash my permed hair?
Treat your perm-ed hair gently. Wash it every week with warm water is perfect enough.
Use a dry shampoo between washings if your roots get dirty — formulas are available for chemically treated hair that can add volume and moisture.
Why is my permed hair not Curly?
Timing is everything. If your hairstylist doesn’t give your perm enough time to fully process, your hair can either look frizzy (which will look messy and unruly) or be limp and loose (leading to dry, straw-like waves).
How long a hair style should take is dependent on the hair length. A shorter hair length should take about two hours to do while a longer hair length can take up to three hours.
Why is my hair so frizzy after perm?
This process changes the way your hair grows and protects it from damage.
After the perm, it’s pretty common to have dry or frizzy hair.
And if your hair is sensitive or delicate after a perm, brushing those strands can severely damage them.
What mousse is good for permed hair?
If you want to get the most out of your hair and scalp products, check out Botanika’s line of Enhancer mousses.
This product is enriched with sage, thyme and tarragon. It smells amazing, and also dries quickly for the perfect hold.
How long does a permanent perm last?
This hairstyle lasts up to three weeks. It’s best to get it cut a week after you wear it.
How long should you wait for a perm? Your perm will last three to six months, depending on your hair type and how well you take care of it.
Why did my perm go away so fast?
The common reason why some permanent color does not last is because the stylist did not sufficiently soften the hair before applying the color.
When you apply conditioner at the start of the styling process, the curls will be stronger, thicker, and more defined, helping the curls to hold their shape longer.