Camping is an essential part of any outdoor enthusiast’s lifestyle. While most people enjoy it, others get a bit overwhelmed by the idea of lugging around a heavy cooler.
That’s why we did the research and compiled a list of the best lightweight campers in the market. From small two-person models to big five-person ones, we’ve got one for everyone.
Best camping cooler with wheels Features In 2022
- FULLY INSULATED: Lid and body Keeps the Ice up to 5 days in temperatures as high as 90°F; logo color on cooler may vary
- FOR THE LONG HAUL: Heavy-duty 6-inch wheels and durable tow & swing-up handles designed for easy transport
- CUP HOLDERS WITH DRAIN: Molded into the lid to keep drinks from spilling; fit up to a 30-oz. tumbler
- HAVE-A-SEAT LID: Closed lid supports up to 250 lbs.
- STAIN-RESISTANT LINER: For easy cleanup; leakproof channel drain plug
- EASY TO OPEN: Recessed lip for easier access to contents
- LARGE CAPACITY: Holds up to 160 cans
- LEAKPROOF: Channel drain plug
- XTREME TECHNOLOGY: Insulated lid and extra wall insulation keep ice up to 5 days in temperatures as high as 90°F
- HIGH CAPACITY: Holds up to 95 cans
- HEAVY-DUTY WHEELS: Effortless rolling over any terrain
- HAVE-A-SEAT LID: Closed lid supports up to 250 lb.
- CUP HOLDERS: Molded into the lid to keep drinks close and prevent spilling. Low CO2 insulation for reduced carbon emissions from foam manufacturing
- Ultratherm insulated body and lid provide 4-day ice retention performance
- Butler tray utilizes the telescoping handle for serving snacks and drinks, and it stores under the lid when not in use
- Two bottle openers are at your fingertips when you're ready to enjoy another refreshment
- Oversized 10 inch never-flat wheels tackle Sand and other challenging terrain with superior traction and ease
- Self-draining cup holders keep your cold ones in arm's reach. Capacity-112 12-ounce cans. 70 quarts (66 liters)
- UV inhibitors and infrared technology protect cooler against sun damage.
- Thick Ultratherm foam in body and lid provides MaxCold 5 Day performance.
- Another Igloo Industry First: Horizontal telescoping handle requires 50% less lifting effort.
- Soft-ride wheels for easy transport & smooth ride.
- Cushion grip handle for comfortable towing.
- Virtually indestructible stainless steel hinges.
- Threaded drain plug allows for easy draining of melted ice and option for hose hook-up
- 110 Qt. capacity enough space to hold 168 cans
- Xtreme Technology; Insulated lid and extra wall insulation keep ice up to 5 days in temperatures as high as 90°F
- High capacity: Holds up to 84 cans
- Heavy-duty wheels: Effortless rolling over any terrain
- Have-a-seat lid: Closed lid supports up to 250 pounds
- Cup holders: Molded into the lid to keep drinks close and prevent spilling
- Telescoping handle: For easy pulling and compact storage
- The Roadie 24 is 10% lighter in weight and holds 20% more than a Roadie 20, it even performs 30% better thermally
- It's got a taller build than its predecessor, so it now accommodates a standard bottle of wine (or 2 liter bottle) upright, and is a better fit behind the driver's or passenger's seat of a car
- ROTOMOLDED CONSTRUCTION - Evolved to be thinner and lighter-weight for easier transport, while still incredibly tough
- QUICKLATCH - Flexible, simple, and built for quick, one-handed cooler access
- The Roadie 24 holds 18 cans with a 2:1 ice-to-can ratio or 24 lbs of just ice. It measures 16 1/2” L × 14 1/2”W × 17 1/2” H
- HEAVY DUTY & TOUGH: Virtually indestructible rotomolded thermoplastic construction and thick insulation body & lid with premium sealing gasket prevents heat transfer to keep food fresh and cold.
- MULTIFUNCTION: This cooler features a 5V 1A Solar panel for charging devices anywhere, 2 built-in bottle openers and 4 on-top bottle holders that are convenient for placing your drinks, a recessed no-leak drain plug for easy cleaning, 2 rear wheels, and a foldable handle design suitable for various outdoor activities
- FULLY INSULATED: Perfect insulation performance maximizes ice retention for up to days. Non-toxic and tough PE and PU materials ensure safety and durability
- Extra Thick Foam Walls and Lid : To allow ice retention
- Item Dimensions: 25.19 in. L x 17.7 in. W x 15.7 in. H
- Extra-thick foam walls and insulated lid for best-in-category cooling performance
- Rubberized T-latches secure lid closure and lock in the cold
- Oversized hinges and stainless steel screws extend product life
- Swing-up handles with stainless steel reinforcement and rubber grips provide premium touch points
- Skid pads add extra layer of corner protection and a Diamond plate metal insert reinforces the ruggedness and durability
- Wide Application - Good helper for you when go outside. Featuring portable, it can be applied in various situations, when you go for a long-distance self-drive travel, or you go out for a picnic and camping, or you use it as a move-able medical cooler box, etc. There is no doubt it plays an important role in outside activities.
- Heavy-Duty Easy-Grip Latches - Features a Freezer-Grade 360' rubber gasket along with heavy-duty latches. Together they provide a tight seal to keep the cold inside
- Ice Retention - Keep cold up to 7 days with full ice. Recommend 1:1 (ice : contents) for 4 days retention. Ask for longer, you can pre-cool the contents and our cooler if possible; Ask for longer, you can pre-cool the contents and our cooler if possible. Capacity up to 60 cans without ice
- Premium Rotor-Molded Construction - Cooler with Rotomolded Construction makes it virtually indestructible; surface color is classic with natural gloss, outer material LLDPE (anti UV) and inner material LLDPE (food grade). Insulation layer in the middle is Polyurethane material. Silicon seals mold in the lid for excellent sealing
- Oversized Wheels - Tackle sand other challenging terrain with big oversized wheels; Plenty of Food & Drink Storage Space - 79-Quart Roto-Molded ice chest cooler has Interior Dimension: 27.75" x 12" x 13.7" and Overall Dimension: 34.3" x 16.8" x 18.3"
- T. O. U. G. H. Roto Mold Design stands up to the roughest treatment and ensures temperature optimization under great heat
- Reinforced insulation provides superior ice retention to keep food and drinks cold for days
- Heavy-duty nylon handle straps for comfortable transporting and the easy-open cam latch system provides secure closure
- Dual-Sized Drain Plug for easy draining and Non-Slip Feet keep the cooler in place; Accessory Friendly – Integrated Side Rails and Ice Pack Storage Area
- Perfect for taking to the job site, backyard barbeques, campgrounds, beach or sporting events
Should I get a cooler with wheels?
Most coolers lack portability, but they’re usually very heavy when filled with ice and beer. If you want to level up your cooler game in 2021, you need a cooler that has wheels.
A wheeled cooler is a convenient way to carry your favorite drinks from one place to another. They’re less burdensome than a traditional cooler.
Is igloo or Coleman better?
The Coleman was the better ice maker by a large margin. It kept ice frozen for nearly 2 days, which was 30 hours longer than the Igloo MaxCold.
The Evernote Bookmarklet is a bookmarklet designed to integrate with Evernote’s desktop client and mobile apps.
Is the Yeti Tundra worth it?
Yeti Cooler’s cooler was the best performer in our tests, with better insulation and ice retention than any of the other coolers we tested.
It has a solid design made of rotomolded plastic that makes it a good choice for durability.
Why are Yeti coolers so expensive?
The real reason Yeti is so expensive is because it’s an expensive luxury item.
In this company’s idea, they want to make their product cool, appealing, high quality, and premium.
They set out to create all of these things so that people would not have any trouble paying very high prices for the coolers.
Can you put wheels on a Yeti cooler?
The Rambler Wheels fit the YETI® Tundra 35 through 160 and Yeti® coolers are tough and the Rambler wheels are too.
And when the rubber hits the road, they have to be.
The Marathon™ 8-inch wheels are flat free, maintenance free and worry free.
Are hooked coolers bear proof?
Ice chests have no IGBC bear resistance certification though for cost-saving reasons – some brands are cutting corners on safety and comfort.
It’s more likely that IGBC certification and/or an ISAF rating is avoided so the price of a cooler will remain cheaper.
How big a cooler do I need?
It will work for up to three people on a day trip.
For the same group on a weekend camping trip, a 50 to 60-quart cooler is good.
The most important factor when buying a cooler is to buy the right size cooler for the amount of time you’ll be using
Is the Yeti with wheels worth it?
I don’t think you should buy this blender. Although it holds your ice for only five days, it is not made of the same type of material as the Yeti or Vitamix.
It’s not a very sturdy cooler, but if you absolutely need a cheaper, wheeled cooler that you’ll have to replace in a year or two, then this one might just do it for you